Saturday, May 24, 2008

Smoosh, Oh I do love myself an onomonopeia

Joe and I have been following this band since these sisters were 9 and 11 years old. Joe saw them open for Presidents of the United States in Seattle a few years ago. I wish I could prove that these girls love their talents and that music is for them a blanket and a tree house, not something they are forced to do by domineering parents. But since I'm distrustful of the news media (sometimes it's so easy to lie), watching them play is the closest I can get to honesty. And I feel, at least, that they love playing music. And this is why this concert video is so important and why you must watch it.

There are about 7 songs and you can skip through them if you like. The last two are my favorite. Be sure to pay careful attention to the drummer. She's amazing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Did you ever get the tattoo? I've been seriously considering it for my tattoo...My friends and I are getting different bird tattoos...Birds of a feather flock together...I'm insearch of a really good picture of one...

you can email me...rbrown35@ucok.edu...